Guidance on Communities and Local Government and Government Offices spending data 2010-11 HM Treasury requires that all central government …
Guidance on Communities and Local Government and Government Offices spending data 2010-11
HM Treasury requires that all central government departments should publish details of their April - September 2010 spend transaction over £25k by the end of October 2010, and, thereafter, publish monthly data by the last working day of each month.
Local Authorities will follow a similar process but will be required to publish spend over the lower £500 threshold from January 2011.
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has determined that DCLG and its arms length bodies will publish transactions at the lower £500 threshold, in line with the local authorities, and will also publish ahead of other government departments, publishing April - June spend data at the end of September 2010.
The Department’s arms length bodies will each be responsible for publishing their own spend data, both on their own website and data.gov, and will publish April - September 2010 spend data at the end of October 2010, in line with other government departments.
Points to note on this report:
- Currently listed below are the spending reports for Q1 April - June 2010.
- HMT have set out a prescriptive format for this Transparency report to ensure consistency across Whitehall. This format is set out in the technical report definition document (see related download below).
- Over £500 Transparency Spend Data is taken from SAP’s General Ledger payment transactions.
- As required by HM Treasury, the data relates to Accounts Payable payment and credit note transactions for grants and procurement expenditure, recorded at the time the transaction was processed on SAP. The data excludes any subsequent journal transactions and Accounts Receivable receipts.
- HM Treasury are keen to ensure that there is a presumption that all data will be published and have set out only a limited range of spend types that can be excluded (redacted) from this report. These are listed in Extract from the Treasury’s guidance on Data Inclusions and Redactions document (see related download below).
- There remains however uncertainty about whether it is reasonable to publish staff expenses more than £500, as proposed by HM Treasury, on grounds of public interest. We are seeking Legal opinion before the second publication in October.
- The data is published in CSV and Excel formats in payment date sequence.
- From October the data will be published on the Data.Gov website, in a consistent format prescribed by HM Treasury .
Spending data for 1 April - 11 May 2010
On 1 April 2011 spending data over £500 for 1 April to 11 May 2010 was published. This completes the publication of Quarter 1 expenditure for 2010-11.