Guidance on Department for Communities and Local Government and Government Offices spending data 2010-11
HM Treasury (HMT) requires that all central government departments should publish details of their April - September 2010 spending for transactions over £25,000 by the end of October 2010, and thereafter publish monthly data by the 15th working day of each month.
Local Authorities will follow a similar process but will be required to publish expenditure over the lower £500 threshold from January 2011.
The Department’s arm’s length bodies will each be responsible for publishing their own spending data, both on their own websites and on Data.gov, and will publish April - September 2010 spending data at the end of October 2010, in line with other government departments.
Points to note on this report:
- Currently listed below is the spending report for October 2010.
- Over £500 transparency spending data is taken from SAP’s General Ledger payment transactions.
- As required by HMT, the data relates to Accounts Payable payments and credit note transactions for grants and procurement expenditure, recorded at the time the transaction was processed on SAP. The data excludes any subsequent journal transactions and Accounts Receivable receipts.
- Travel, subsistence and other employee transactions - These are currently published on a summarised anonomised basis. These are summarised by Expense area, then Expense Type, by day.
- Although the data is being circulated for review in Excel format, grouped by Directorate, the data will be published on the Department website in CSV and Excel formats in payment date sequence.
- From October the data will be published on the Data.gov website, in a consistent format prescribed by HMT.