- Date requested: 12 March 2013
- Date responded: 5 April 2013
The number of times calls have been made to the speaking clock or directory enquiries.
The Department for Education (DfE) and its mobile supplier retain 1 year of call logging information. The last 12 months of data, covering the period 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013, for both landlines and mobiles, is set out below.
Landline data is held centrally within DfE, and the mobile data has been provided by the department’s mobile phone supplier.
- Calls to 123 (speaking clock):
- landlines - the number is barred and attempts to barred numbers are not recorded
- mobiles - 229
- Calls to 118xxx (directory enquiries):
- landlines - 256
- mobiles - 329
- All 3,600 staff have access to a landline telephone handset and there are currently 2,203 mobile telephone devices within the DfE.
There have been no requests received of a similar nature by the DfE.