- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Sickle cell and thalassaemia screening: commission and provide and Population screening programmes: leaflets and how to order them
- 1 October 2010
This document sets out standards and guidelines for clinical care of children with sickle cell disease.
PDF, 2.89MB, 92 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This publication explains the clinical care standards for children with sickle cell disease.
The document includes information about:
- sickle cell disease in childhood
- identification of the condition
- outpatient care
- the transition to adult care
- ongoing issues and chronic complaints
- treatment options
- routine surgery and care
- psychological management
- management of complications
Published: 1 October 2010