Selling financial, professional and business services overseas
Guide providing introduction for UK services companies on exporting overseas.
Services firms do international business differently from goods firms. This guide provides a basic introduction on how to go about developing international markets for businesses in financial, professional and business services. It is also relevant to companies in a wide range of other service sector activities.
This guide for UK services businesses:
- provides a structure for securing and delivering business overseas
- acts as an aide memoire for those already involved in work overseas
- provides information about where you can get help and support
- why export?
- routes to market
- strategy and commitment
- developing a plan
- how do I sell and raise our profile overseas?
- managing risk and getting paid
- developing effective relationships and handling cultural differences
- protecting intellectual property
- advice and support
- critical success factors
This was published originally by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) which has since moved to the Department for International Trade (DIT).