Describes young people’s attitudes, beliefs, motivations and behaviours that affect their decisions on subject choice and career paths.
This research looks at the attitudes, motivations and mindsets of young people and how these affect the decisions they make on subject and career choice. In particular this is in relation to science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). The report covers:
- attitudes and mindsets that define today’s generation of 14 to 17 year olds across England
- what young people want from work
- when key decisions are made and identifies the key influencers
- how STEM is perceived by young people, parents and teachers
- how STEM is talked about on social media