Inspecting schools: guidance for parents
A leaflet for parents and carers of children whose school is due for inspection.
Review your child’s school on Parent View.
The leaflet gives information on why, how long and when Ofsted inspect, and also how parents and carers can share their views.
The document applies to:
- all maintained schools including special schools and pupil referral units
- city technology colleges
- city colleges for the technology of the arts
- some non-maintained special schools in England
Published: 5 August 2014
Updated: 28 September 2016
- Minor update on schools causing concern to reflect changes in legislation.
- Updated for use from September 2015.
- The termly update to the main features of Ofsted's school inspections.
- First published.