A comprehensive guide for schools and initial teacher training (ITT) providers on how to:
- receive funding
- for School Direct ITT places in the academic year 2015 to 2016.
School Direct allows schools to:
- request training places directly
- select the ITT provider of teacher training they want to work with
- agree the content and focus of the training programme depending on their needs
- negotiate with the provider on how the money for training should be divided
Schools can choose and recruit the candidate they want with an expectation that the trainee will be employed by the school or wider partnership of schools.