Research and analysis
Scenario analysis of future pension incomes
This analysis looks at how the level of undersaving for retirement changes under various policy and economic scenarios.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78425-302-8 PDF, 448KB, 92 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This analysis uses a measure of income replacement rates to determine adequacy of saving for retirement. After looking at the current situation, the analysis investigates how the level of undersaving changes under 5 themes:
- higher labour market participation among people aged between 50 and State Pension age
- opt out rates from automatic enrolment into workplace pension schemes
- the level at which people contribute to private pension saving
- the way in which the new State Pension will be uprated each year
- the starting rate of the new State Pension
This report builds on the adequacy methodology described in the Framework for the analysis of future pension incomes published in September 2013.
Authors: Richard Allison, Richard Brookes, Jack Stevenson, Joseph Woods (DWP)