It has been shown that considerable savings can be made by adopting simple cost-effective techniques for minimising industrial waste during the production processes.
Research projects sponsored jointly by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and The BOC Foundation, were set up to investigate whether these benefits could be realised in agriculture. The results revealed many opportunities for savings in animal feeds, water, energy, sprays, fertiliser, field crops and produce in the store.
- Helps you to comply with waste legislation.
- Reduces the quantity of raw materials you buy.
- Saves time and money involved in managing and handling waste.
- Reduces your ‘disposal’ costs.
- Reduces harmful effects on the environment.