Guidance to help schools and governing bodies develop their approach to teachers' and school leaders' pay.
This is for:
- governing bodies
- local authorities
- school leaders
- school teachers
It applies to local-authority-maintained schools.
It will help schools:
- carry out changes set out in the 2016 school teachers’ pay and conditions document
- set school leaders’ pay
- manage performance-related pay progression
- meet their equalities responsibilities
- use appropriate evidence when making appraisal and pay decisions
- manage pay decision appeals