Maggot breeding: process guidance note 6/05
Local authority regulators must use this process guidance note (PGN) to assess applications and write permits for maggot breeders.
Ref: PG6/05(13) PDF, 747KB, 66 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Regulators can be:
- district councils, borough councils, unitary councils or port health authorities in England and Wales
- the Scottish Environment Protection Agency in Scotland
- district councils or the Northern Ireland Environment Agency in Northern Ireland
This PGN includes:
- air emission limits
- emission monitoring methods
- best available techniques to control air emissions
- application form template
- model permit for maggot breeding installations
Maggot breeding is a ‘Part B’ activity under the local authority pollution prevention and control (LAPPC) regime.