Directors and Non-Executive Directors are obliged to declare any business or other interests, or any personal connections.
PDF, 54KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Planning Inspectorate is an Executive Agency of the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and the Welsh Government. It plays a key role in managing sustainable development and is critical to the delivery of the two Governments’ social, economic and environmental agendas. Each year, our work directly affects the lives of many people through the decisions and recommendations we make.
The decisions and recommendations we make affect individuals and communities and must be demonstrably fair, open and impartial. Our procedures make provision for expression of local feeling and assessment of potential local impact, with our Inspectors undertaking examinations, inquiries and hearings in the affected locality, with site visits on the majority of appeals. The Inspectorate has a longstanding policy relating to the involvement, in a private capacity, of any Inspector or member of Admin staff in our casework, protecting our reputation for fairness and impartiality.
Directors and Non-Executive Directors are obliged to declare any business or other interests, or any personal connections, which could be misconstrued or cause embarrassment to the Inspectorate or our parent organisations (DCLG or the Welsh Government).
- All Directors, and Non-Executive Directors, are required to complete a declaration as part of the Annual Accounts process.
- The forms completed by applicants for Non-Executive Director posts include a declaration of any interests that could impact on their role if successful.
- A standing agenda item for Board and Committee meetings makes provision for attendees to declare any such interests.
Published: 15 April 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- Board member list updated.
- Declaration of interests document updated
- DoI register updated
- Ben Linscott added to the board DoI register
- Register updated with board details
- Register updated
- Director Tim Guy added
- Register updated
- Register of Board Member Interests document updated
- Update to board status.
- New Non-Executive Director, David Holt, has been added to the register.
- Register updated 27-11-2015
- Updated document Register of Board Member Interests
- Updated document.
- First published.