The Traffic Commissioner made orders to:
- suspend the operator licence held by Rai & Sons Ltd for 10 days with effect from 19 May 2018, with vehicles specified on this licence not be used on any operator’s licence during the suspension period
- curtail the licence from 5 vehicles to 2 indefinitely, with immediate effect
- disqualify Amit Rai for 2 years from acting as transport manager under any operator’s licence
- grant the operator a period of grace until 1 June 2018 to nominate a new transport manager
- add an undertaking to the licence for an audit of compliance with drivers’ hours and maintenance requirements to be carried out by 30 November 2018, a copy of the report together with the operator’s response to recommendations made must be sent to the traffic area office with 10 days of receipt
The decision was made on 25 April 2018.