Protected food name: West Country lamb (PGI)
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products and Food and farming industry
- 15 January 2014
- Last updated:
- 30 June 2017, see all updates
The specification for West Country lamb, a protected food name product.
The product specifcation document provides detail on a protected food name product from the UK, West Country lamb, which has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
The EU will only give a product the PGI mark if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics or qualities that are a result of the area it’s associated with.
Published: 15 January 2014
Updated: 30 June 2017
- Updated the product specification as the proposed amendment has been accepted by the Commission and is now registered.
- Added the draft amendment to the specification currently being reviewed.
- First published.