Protected food name: Welsh laverbread
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products
- 18 December 2013
- Last updated:
- 19 May 2017, see all updates
The specification for Welsh laverbread, a protected food name product.
This document provides detail on a protected food name product from the UK, Welsh laverbread, which has been given Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
To get a product protected under PDO, it must be produced, processed and prepared in one area and have distinct characteristics from this area.
Published: 18 December 2013
Updated: 19 May 2017
- Updated as Welsh laverbread has been registered as a protected food name.
- Updated with the latest version of specification.
- First published.