- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products
- 5 March 2015
- Last updated:
- 7 December 2016, see all updates
The specification for Vale of Evesham asparagus, a protected food name product.
This document provides detail on a protected food name product from the UK, Vale of Evesham asparagus, which has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
The EU will only give a product the PGI mark if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics or qualities that are a result of the area it’s associated with.
Published: 5 March 2015
Updated: 7 December 2016
- Updated to reflect that Vale of Evesham asparagus has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
- Updated the PGI specification.
- First published.