Protected food name: traditionally reared pedigree Welsh pork
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products
- 5 March 2015
- Last updated:
- 13 February 2017, see all updates
The specification for traditionally reared pedigree Welsh pork, a protected food name product.
This document provides detail on a protected food name product from the UK, traditionally reared pedigree Welsh pork, which has been given Traditional Specialty Guaranteed (TSG) status.
The EU protected food name scheme highlights regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed. Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (TSG) relates to products which are traditional or have customary names and have a set of features which distinguish them from other similar products. These features must not be due to the geographical area the product is produced in nor entirely based on technical advances in the method of production.
Published: 5 March 2015
Updated: 13 February 2017
- Traditionally reared pedigree Welsh pork has now been given Traditional Specialty Guaranteed (TSG) status.
- Updated the specification document.
- First published.