- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK applications being considered
- 4 June 2014
- Last updated:
- 30 June 2017, see all updates
An application for traditional Welsh Caerphilly/traditional Welsh Caerffili to get PGI status.
This document provides detail on a food product from the UK, traditional Welsh Caerphilly/traditional Welsh Caerffili, which is being considered under the EU protected food names scheme.
We have applied to the EU to get Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status for this product. An application is currently undergoing national scrutiny
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
To get a product protected under PGI, it must be produced, processed and prepared in one area and have distinct characteristics from this area.
Published: 4 June 2014
Updated: 30 June 2017
- Latest product specification added.
- Latest product specification from the Welsh Government (updates were made in light of EU scrutiny).
- Changed status from PDO to PGI.
- First published.