- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products
- 28 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 28 April 2017, see all updates
The specification for London cure smoked salmon, a protected food name product.
This document provides detail on a protected food name product from the UK, London Cure Smoked Salmon, which has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
The EU will only give a product the PGI mark if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics or qualities that are a result of the area it’s associated with.
Published: 28 August 2013
Updated: 28 April 2017
- Updated to reflect that London cure smoked salmon has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
- Product specification changed following comments from the commission.
- Latest London cure smoked salmon specification published.
- Latest version of London cure smoked Scottish salmon (PGI) published
- First published.