Protected food name: London cure smoked salmon
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK applications being considered
- First published:
- 28 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 1 February 2016, see all updates
Application for London cure smoked salmon to gain PGI protection.
This document provides detail on a food product from the UK, London cure smoked salmon, which is being considered under the EU protected food names scheme.
We have applied to the EU to get Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status for this product. We submitted the application on 18 December 2014.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
The EU will only give a product the PGI mark if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics or qualities that are a result of the area it’s associated with.
Published: 28 August 2013
Updated: 1 February 2016
- Product specification changed following comments from the commission.
- Latest London cure smoked salmon specification published.
- Latest version of London cure smoked Scottish salmon (PGI) published
- First published.