Protected food name: Conwy mussels (PDO)
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products
- 15 January 2015
- Last updated:
- 4 November 2016, see all updates
The specification for Conwy mussels, a protected food name product.
PDF, 167KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document provides detail on a food product from the UK, Conwy mussels, which has been given Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
To get a product protected under PDO, it must be produced, processed and prepared in one area and have distinct characteristics from this area.
Published: 15 January 2015
Updated: 4 November 2016
- Updated to reflect that Conwy Mussels has been given Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status.
- Latest version of Conwy mussels product specification published.
- First published.