Protected food name: Carmarthen ham (PGI)
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK registered products
- 27 November 2014
- Last updated:
- 4 November 2016, see all updates
The specification for Carmarthen ham, a protected food name product.
This document provides detail on a food product from the UK, Carmarthen ham, which has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
The EU will only give a product the PGI mark if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics or qualities that are a result of the area it’s associated with.
Published: 27 November 2014
Updated: 4 November 2016
- Updated to reflect that Carmarthen ham has been given Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status.
- Map in Annex 1 of the specification updated.
- Specification updated to include a map.
- First published.