- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Protected food name scheme: UK applications being considered and Food and farming industry
- 16 January 2017
- Last updated:
- 31 August 2017, see all updates
An application for Ayrshire New Potatoes/Ayrshire Earlies to get PGI status.
This document provides detail on a food product from the UK, Ayrshire New Potatoes/Ayrshire Earlies which is being considered under the EU protected food names scheme.
We are in the process of applying to the EU to get Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status for this product.
The EU protected food name scheme covers regional and traditional foods whose authenticity and origin can be guaranteed.
The EU will only give a product the PGI mark if they decide it has a reputation, characteristics or qualities that are a result of the area it’s associated with.
Published: 16 January 2017
Updated: 31 August 2017
- Added latest specification document.
- Latest specification added.
- First published.