Guidance for schools on preventing and responding to bullying.
Ref: DFE-00160-2017 PDF, 655KB, 19 pages
Ref: DFE-00652-2014 PDF, 195KB, 6 pages
Ref: DFE-00655-2014 PDF, 209KB, 7 pages
The main guidance document is for:
- school leaders
- school staff
- governing bodies
It applies to all schools and may also be useful for further education and community settings.
The additional guidance documents cover:
- how schools can prevent and respond to cyber bullying aimed at headteachers and staff
- how parents and carers can prevent and respond to cyber bullying aimed at children and young people
Published: 22 August 2013
Updated: 4 July 2017
- Merged the publication 'Supporting children and young people who are bullied: advice for schools' with 'Preventing and tackling bullying'. New version of 'Preventing and tackling bullying' includes additional information about how schools can support children and young people who are bullied.
- Added advice on cyberbullying for school staff and parents
- Updated both documents in light of unavailability of BeatBullying services.
- Added 'Supporting children and young people who are bullied: advice for schools'.
- Expanded definition of bullying to include the 'imbalance of power'.
- First published.