Preparing for flooding: a guide for regulated sites
Flood planning guide to help businesses comply with their environmental permit and the COMAH regulations.
Ref: LIT 7176 PDF, 847KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This flood guidance helps you comply with the Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) regulations and covers:
- how to check flood risk and get more detailed information for your site
- the flood warning codes and how to get advance warnings
- how to prepare for a flood
- steps to improve the flood resilience of a site
How to prepare for a flood gives more general flooding advice.
Published: 29 August 2012
Updated: 30 June 2015
- This guide has been updated to reflect developments in good practice and revised Environment Agency contact details.
- First published.