Pollution incidents: 2015 evidence summary
- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- Environment Agency data on business environmental performance
- First published:
- 22 September 2016
Environment Agency statistics on serious pollution incidents in 2015, their impacts on air and water and the sectors responsible.
PDF, 1.07MB, 18 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document reports on serious pollution incidents in England. It provides facts and statistics about:
- the number of serious pollution incidents
- impacts of pollution incidents and their sources
- sectors responsible
- action the Environment Agency takes to reduce pollution incidents
- enforcement action the Environment Agency takes when pollution incidents happen
Serious pollution incidents can harm people and the environment as well as damage businesses. To cause or allow pollution is against the law. The Environment Agency provides advice and guidance on pollution prevention and also takes enforcement action if a pollution incident happens.
Published: 22 September 2016