As part of the Government’s Plan for Growth, this plan will build on the UK’s reputation as a world leader in legal services and seek to build on its success.
The UK: A Global Centre of Excellence for Legal Services
Did you know?
- The Office for National Statistics estimates that the gross value added (GVA) of legal activities was £19.3bn in 2010 (1.5% of UK GVA). Legal services exports for 2010 totalled £3.6bn.
- English law provides the legal framework for most international commercial transactions.
- Most of the litigation before Courts in the UK involves at least one foreign party.
- Most international arbitrations take place in London because of the strong reputation and strength of the legal system and legal profession in the UK.
- Scotland is enhancing its arbitration capabilities.
- The newly opened Rolls Building provides a modern state of the art, combined court complex, for all matters involving commercial, construction and chancery disputes.
We want to hear your views about the Plan for Growth