Information and templates to help solicitors when instructed by the Official Solicitor.
Guidance for solicitors about what to do when the Official Solicitor acts as litigation friend of a protected party under the Adoption and Children Act 2002.
- explains your role and the Official Solicitor’s approach
- offers information about costs
- details what you’re expected to do around hearings and court proceedings
- outlines what to do if the protected party recovers capacity
- contains a model attendance note, statement and report on assessing capacity to consent to adoption