Official Solicitor standard instructions: Adoption and Children Act 2002
- Official Solicitor and Public Trustee
- 31 October 2007
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
Information and templates to help solicitors when instructed by the Official Solicitor.
MS Word Document, 166KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Guidance for solicitors about what to do when the Official Solicitor acts as litigation friend of a protected party under the Adoption and Children Act 2002.
- explains your role and the Official Solicitor’s approach
- offers information about costs
- details what you’re expected to do around hearings and court proceedings
- outlines what to do if the protected party recovers capacity
- contains a model attendance note, statement and report on assessing capacity to consent to adoption
Published: 31 October 2007