Notice 8: sailing your pleasure craft to and from the UK

This notice explains the customs requirements for private individuals who sail their pleasure craft to and from the UK.



This notice cancels and replaces the previous version in April 2011.

Published 3 April 2012
Last updated 13 November 2018 + show all updates
  1. The guidance has been updated to show that if you're importing a pleasure craft into the UK from outside the EU, you may have to pay VAT on it by sending form C384 (Vessels) to the Pleasure Craft Unit of Expertise.

  2. First published.