Projects granted during 2015 that have a primary purpose of basic research: other research.
PDF, 253KB, 31 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of basic research: other research.
The following projects were granted:
- fish behaviour modification through gear changes (fish behaviour, selectivity, gear modification)
- mammary gland morphogenesis and function (mammary, breast, integrin, adhesion, polarity)
- evolution and ecology of host-parasite interactions (malaria, transmission, disease ecology, life history strategy, phenotypic plasticity)
- acute and persistent bacterial disease (salmonella, escherichia, Crohn’s, inflammation, apoptosis)
- molecular probes for plant cell walls (antibodies, cell walls, polysaccharides, pectin)
- combating tapeworm parasitism using new model systems (tapeworms, parasitism, laboratory culture)
- mitochondrial biology of trypanosomes (trypanosomes, sleeping sickness, drug discovery)
- novel types of gene regulation in development (novel, types, gene, regulation, development)
- developmental Biology and Evolution of cavefish (tetra, development, evolution, adaptation)
- rodent models of dementia: cognition and therapy (memory, dementia, therapy, Down’s syndrome)