This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human endocrine and metabolism disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- models for parathyroid development disorders (parathyroid, parathyroid hormone, calcium, development)
- ghrelin and the control of insulin secretion (ghrelin, insulin, diabetes)
- transporters/receptors and tissue metabolism (insulin, muscle, metabolism, endocannabinoid, amino acid)
- proteolytic cleavage of the LDL receptor (cholesterol, low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR), protease, inhibitor)
- bone marrow adipose tissue as an endocrine organ (bone marrow, adipose tissue, calorie restriction, obesity, metabolic health)
- in vivo profiling of novel drugs (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, cardiovascular)