Non-tech. summaries 2015: projects on metabolism disorders
Projects granted during 2015 that have a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human endocrine and metabolism disorders.
PDF, 228KB, 27 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human endocrine and metabolism disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- models for parathyroid development disorders (parathyroid, parathyroid hormone, calcium, development)
- ghrelin and the control of insulin secretion (ghrelin, insulin, diabetes)
- transporters/receptors and tissue metabolism (insulin, muscle, metabolism, endocannabinoid, amino acid)
- proteolytic cleavage of the LDL receptor (cholesterol, low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR), protease, inhibitor)
- bone marrow adipose tissue as an endocrine organ (bone marrow, adipose tissue, calorie restriction, obesity, metabolic health)
- in vivo profiling of novel drugs (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, cardiovascular)