National standard for developed driving competence
What you must be able to do and what you must know and understand to show developed driving competence.
Ref: DVSA/NS/DDC PDF, 625KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The standard is for people who:
- intend to train learner drivers of all vehicles
- want to show they’ve maintained and developed their driving competence after getting their full licence
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) if you have:
- questions about the standard
- ideas about how it could be improved
- evidence to make it stronger
DVSA national driver and rider standards
Published: 23 August 2013
Updated: 24 November 2014
- Added information about the increased considerations that need to be taken when driving in bad weather, using sat nav systems, how the standard applies to driving examiners, and updated references of ‘Driving Standards Agency’ to ‘Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency’.
- First published.