Apply for Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval (MSVA)

Apply for Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval (MSVA) if your motorcycle, 3-wheeled or light 4-wheeled vehicle doesn’t have a Certificate of Conformity.


MSVA application form

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to apply for a MSVA inspection for mopeds, motorcycles, 3 wheelers and quadricycles that have not been type-approved to European standards.

You must apply for MSVA before your motorcycle can be used on the road.

Your application will be delayed if you don’t fill in the form correctly or pay the right fee.

Send your application using the technical application system.

You can also send the application by post.

Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Padley Road

Read the DVSA personal information charter to find out how DVSA collects, uses, stores and shares your personal data.

Published 23 February 2011
Last updated 27 May 2016 + show all updates
  1. Updated motorcycle single vehicle approval application form.
  2. First published.