Research and analysis
Water situation: national monthly reports for England 2017
Monthly reports on rainfall, soil moisture deficit, river flows, groundwater levels and reservoir levels.
These reports collect information from the Environment Agency, the Met Office and water companies that measure and monitor:
- the amount of rain that falls
- how dry the soils are and how much rain they can soak up
- the amount of water flowing in rivers
- the amount of water stored below ground in aquifers and above ground in reservoirs
They also present the outlook for river flow and groundwater.
Published: 11 April 2017
Updated: 14 June 2017
- New national monthly water situation report: May 2017.
- New report published: Water situation, April 2017.
- First published.