Monitor has developed its 2014/15 annual plan to closely align with its long-term strategy.
The plan is structured around Monitor’s 4 core responsibilities and 2 supporting elements:
- Making sure public providers are well led
- Making sure essential services are maintained
- Making sure the NHS payment system promotes quality and efficiency
- Making sure procurement, choice and competition operate in the best interests of patients
- promoting change through high quality analysis and debate, and by encouraging innovation
- making sure Monitor is a high performing organisation