- Part of:
- NHS commissioners: documents and guidance, Independent providers of NHS services: documents and guidance, NHS trusts: documents and guidance, and NHS foundation trusts: documents and guidance
- 20 June 2014
- Applies to:
This plan describes how Monitor aims to use its regulatory functions to fulfil its mission of making the health sector work for patients.
PDF, 742KB, 30 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Monitor has developed its 2014/15 annual plan to closely align with its long-term strategy.
The plan is structured around Monitor’s 4 core responsibilities and 2 supporting elements:
- Making sure public providers are well led
- Making sure essential services are maintained
- Making sure the NHS payment system promotes quality and efficiency
- Making sure procurement, choice and competition operate in the best interests of patients
- promoting change through high quality analysis and debate, and by encouraging innovation
- making sure Monitor is a high performing organisation
Published: 20 June 2014