MOD exceptions to spending controls for January to December 2015
Reports on departmental exemptions to spending controls (moratoria).
MOD publishes details of approved expenditure in areas limited by spending controls on a quarterly basis.
To help tackle the budget deficit, the government introduced a new and ambitious approach to take out costs and waste in central government operations in order to protect essential jobs and services on the frontline.
Measures include a significant programme of renegotiating contracts with major suppliers and a strict moratorium in 5 key areas of discretionary spend: consulting, ICT, recruitment, marketing and property.
These are exceptions to cross-government moratoria on spend in the MOD.
Published: 26 August 2015
Updated: 17 March 2016
- Added updated Consultancy file for Q3 2015/16.
- Added transparency files for October to December 2016.
- Temporarily removed October to December 2016 as incorrectly published.
- Added MOD exceptions for the period October to December 2016.
- Added datasets detailing MOD exceptions to spending controls from July to September 2015.
- Added exception covering April to June 2015.
- First published.