Reports on departmental exemptions to spending controls (moratoria).
MOD publishes details of approved expenditure in areas limited by spending controls on a quarterly basis.
To help tackle the budget deficit, the government introduced a new and ambitious approach to take out costs and waste in central government operations in order to protect essential jobs and services on the frontline.
Measures include a significant programme of renegotiating contracts with major suppliers and a strict moratorium in 5 key areas of discretionary spend: consulting, ICT, recruitment, marketing and property.
These are exceptions to cross-government moratoria on spend in the MOD.
Published: 26 August 2015
Updated: 17 March 2016
- Added updated Consultancy file for Q3 2015/16.
- Added transparency files for October to December 2016.
- Temporarily removed October to December 2016 as incorrectly published.
- Added MOD exceptions for the period October to December 2016.
- Added datasets detailing MOD exceptions to spending controls from July to September 2015.
- Added exception covering April to June 2015.
- First published.