The report assess a range of areas, including:
- labour market impacts
- investment and training impacts
- consumer and house price impacts
- public finance
- public service impacts
- community impacts
The report provides the MAC’s conclusions and recommendations for the UK’s post-Brexit work immigration system, after the implementation period.
The MAC is also publishing 6 reports commissioned from external researchers; to update and extend the evidence base.
- Oxford Economics “Fiscal impact of immigration on the UK” – Estimates the contribution of migrants to the UK’s public finances.
- Campo, Forte and Portes “The Impact of Migration on Productivity and Native-born Workers’ Training” – Examines the impact of immigration on labour productivity and the training of UK-born workers.
- Mountford, Wadsworth “Jumping Someone Else’s Train? Does Immigration Affect the Training and Hiring of Native-Born Workers” – Examines the impact of immigration on firms’ training of UK-born workers.
- Giulietti, Yan “The Impact of Immigration on the Well-being of UK Natives” – Examines the effects of immigration on the well-being of the UK-born population.
- Costas “Examining the Link between Migration and Productivity” – Estimates the relative productivity of immigrants and UK-born workers in the UK.
- Smith “Migration, Productivity and Firm Performance” - presents evidence on the empirical links between migration and firm productivity in the UK.