The bidding round for the 2016-17 Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy has now opened.
Key documents and guidance can be found by going to the link at the bottom of this page.
Before bidding it is essential that you familiarise yourself with:
- the 2016-17 MCFHRD strategy
- guidance for implementers
- the project concept note form
- the standard grant contract
- Human Rights Themes
For 2016, Ministers have agreed a new approach to the FCO’s human rights and democracy work. The FCO has therefore reconfigured its human rights work around three interconnected themes that provide the basis of our funding strategy:
- Democratic values and the rule of law - uphold universal rights, democracy and the rule of law as key building blocks for more secure and prosperous societies
- The rules-based international order - support an effective rules-based international order that stands up for universal rights
- Human rights for a stable world - promote a more stable world by upholding universal rights in tackling conflict and extremism
For more detail, see the 2016-17 MCFHRD Strategy.
How to apply
- Read the strategy carefully and ensure that any proposals you are considering are a good fit.
- Use the template provided on the below to submit a Project Concept Note by 04 February
- Successful implementers will then be invited to submit a full proposal
Required documents and further information
Please follow the below link:
If you have any queries or wish to submit a concept note by the deadline of 04 February then please contact HRDP.Bids@fco.gov.uk