List of new applications for duty suspensions and tariff quotas.
Provides a list and current status of applications for the 1 January 2017 round of the European Union (EU) temporary duty suspensions and tariff quotas scheme.
This scheme allows the duty free importation into the EU of raw materials, components and semi-finished products which cannot be supplied (or supplied in sufficient quantities) from EU or Turkish manufacturers and are used in a process to make another product.
You can make an application if you are:
- a business established in the EU
- an EU manufacturing user of the component in question
- a distributor applying on behalf of EU manufacturing customers
- EU company subsidiaries outside of the EU or Turkey
- an agent (lawyer, accountant or consultant) representing one of the above
Successful duty suspensions requests are valid for 5 years. After 5 years they are reviewed under the ‘prolongation’ scheme where they can be renewed for a further 5 years. Tariff quotas are valid for 12 months and automatically renewed for the same quantity each year. Objections to tariff suspensions or quotas can be made at anytime during the validity period.