- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations exemption orders, Rail network, and Accessible transport
- 9 July 2012
- Last updated:
- 1 November 2017, see all updates
Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations exemption orders and application outcomes for light and heavy train vehicles.
Applications from operators and exemptions granted to the Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations (RVAR 2010) for:
- light rail
- metro systems (such as London Underground Limited)
RVAR standardises the requirements for rail vehicles to meet the needs of disabled passengers.
Published: 9 July 2012
Updated: 1 November 2017
- Exemption orders for London Underground and B2007 vehicles released.
- Published RVAR exemption applications for Northern Line 95TS rail vehicles and S7 and S8 stock audio visual announcements.
- RVAR exemption applications for the Jubilee Line.
- Consultation period for current applications ended.
- RVAR 2010 application for accessibility standards exemption.
- Two new applications being considered for exemption orders.
- 3 new applications being considered for exemption orders.
- Announcing the Docklands Light Railway (B2007 vehicles) exemption order.
- Update on Blackpool Transport application and London Underground Uxbridge application
- First published.