Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations: exemption orders
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations (RVAR) exemption orders, Rail network, and Accessible transport
- 9 July 2012
- Last updated:
- 13 April 2017, see all updates
Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations exemption orders and application outcomes for light and heavy train vehicles.
PDF, 321KB, 17 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Applications from operators and exemptions granted to the Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations (RVAR 2010) for:
- light rail
- metro systems (such as London Underground Limited)
RVAR standardises the requirements for rail vehicles to meet the needs of disabled passengers.
Current exemption applications
Applications are currently being considered for the following vehicles:
Published: 9 July 2012
Updated: 13 April 2017
- RVAR exemption applications for the Jubilee Line.
- Consultation period for current applications ended.
- RVAR 2010 application for accessibility standards exemption.
- Two new applications being considered for exemption orders.
- 3 new applications being considered for exemption orders.
- Announcing the Docklands Light Railway (B2007 vehicles) exemption order.
- Update on Blackpool Transport application and London Underground Uxbridge application
- First published.