List of RVAR exemption orders
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations (RVAR) exemption orders, Accessible transport, and Rail network
- First published:
- 9 July 2012
- Last updated:
- 25 January 2017, see all updates
Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations exemption orders and application outcomes for rail operators seeking exemption from the regulations.
Rail Vehicle Accessibility Regulations standardise the requirements for new rail vehicles to meet the needs of disabled passengers. Some rail services, however, are granted exemptions.
Current exemption applications
There are no applications currently being considered for exemption from the Rail Vehicle Accessibility (Non-interoperable Rail System) Regulations (RVAR) 2010.
Published: 9 July 2012
Updated: 25 January 2017
- Consultation period for current applications ended.
- RVAR 2010 application for accessibility standards exemption.
- Two new applications being considered for exemption orders.
- 3 new applications being considered for exemption orders.
- Announcing the Docklands Light Railway (B2007 vehicles) exemption order.
- Update on Blackpool Transport application and London Underground Uxbridge application
- First published.