Jobseeker’s Allowance sanctions
It’s important you understand what you must do to get your benefit payment and what will happen if you don’t do this.
This factsheet takes you through:
- what you must do to keep your benefit payment
- how long your benefit payment could be stopped for and when your claim could be ended
- what you could do if you didn’t agree with the decision to stop your benefit payment or end your claim
- what you should do if your benefit payment is stopped or your claim is ended
- how you find out about hardship payments if you don’t have enough money to live on because your benefit payment has been stopped or your claim has ended
Read more about Jobseeker’s Allowance.
Published: 21 July 2014
Updated: 9 December 2016
- Added Welsh version of 'Jobseeker’s Allowance sanctions: how to keep your benefit payment'.
- Removed this section – "What should I do if I think DWP hasn't notified me of a sanction?" because it's no longer needed.
- Added a new section that explains what you should do if you think DWP has not notified you of a sanction.
- Published November 2014 edition of the leaflet.
- First published.