- Date requested: 11 February 2013
- Dates responded: 5 March 2013
- Is IL 0-2 the core IT platform within your ministerial department? Yes or no?
- Is IL 3 the core IT platform within your ministerial department? Yes or no?
- How many users use the IL2 platform? Of those users, how many users use: desktops, laptops, PDA/smartphone, tablet?
- How many users use the IL3 platform? Of those users, how many users use: desktops, laptops, PDA/smartphone, tablet?
On the specific issue of device breakdown, most staff have a choice of device depending on their individually agreed working patterns and may use different devices on different days. When in the office they are encouraged to use the thin client devices (or desktop PC if allocated), while away from the office they have a choice of laptop or smartphone. On that basis, I have looked at the device breakdown over a full working week and then averaged the information out to give as accurate an answer as possible.
- Approximately 4000 (3886 at December 2012). Broken down by device, this equates to: