IP Health Check: licensing IP
This booklet is designed to give you an understanding of the potential benefits licensing intellectual property (IP) offers your business.
This guide is aimed at businesses that would like to use somebody else’s IP or that are considering allowing somebody else to use theirs.
- contains an introduction to the concept of licensing intellectual property
- gives an explanation of why businesses grant and take licences of intellectual property
- sets out a checklist of the most common issues which you should consider before entering into any licence agreement
- provides a list of other resources for those who want to learn more about licensing
- provides a list of useful contacts
The supporting checklist sets out the major issues you need to think about before licensing IP.
Published 20 June 2014