Invitation to tender: research into metrics and models to assess company and investment performance
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Corporate governance
- 13 June 2013
- Last updated:
- 28 June 2013, see all updates
Invitation to tender by 11am on 8 July 2013 to carry out research on assessing company and investment performance.
Invitation to tender: to conduct necessary research into the metrics and models used to assess company and investment performance
Ref: BIS/13/930 PDF, 160KB, 28 pages
Invites tenders to undertake research into metrics and models used to assess company and investment performance, and to prepare a report of findings to be published by the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS).
This follows a recommendation from the Kay Review of equity markets to commission an independent review of metrics and models employed in the investment chain to highlight their uses and limitations.
The research covers metrics and models used to assess the performance of:
- companies by equity investors with long term horizons
- investment funds, in the context of designing an investment strategy to meet the needs of investors with long-term horizons
The deadline for bids was 8 July 2013. Preferred candidates have now been selected to carry out this research. London Economics will fulfil Part A of the research, while Dr Paul Cox will deliver Part B.
Published: 13 June 2013
Updated: 28 June 2013
- Updated to include responses to questions raised by interested parties.
- First published.