Interactive post-16 school census tool
An interactive tool to help schools and academies submit an accurate autumn census return.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 944KB
Some institutions risk not getting the funding they should because of inaccurate data returns.
Our post-16 interactive census tool will help you understand how your data is used to calculate your post-16 funding, as well as helping you understand common errors and how they impact on the funding we calculate. It will be particularly useful to business managers and staff responsible for preparing and submitting the autumn school census return.
This tool is designed to
- support the return of accurate post 16 school census data
- help schools and academies understand how their school census data is used to calculate their post-16 funding
- explain common errors and how they impact on the level of funding
It describes each element of the funding formula (student numbers, retention rate for example) and which parts of census data we use for each element. Each element is illustrated with example data.
The guidance is in an Excel workbook. Please make sure that macros are enabled after opening the tool so that the workbook functions properly.
Published: 14 August 2015
Updated: 18 July 2017
- Interactive tool school census spreasheets have been updated
- Updated for 2016 to 2017
- The post-16 census tool has been updated
- First published.