- Date requested: 15 April 2013
- Date responded: 2 May 2013
How many children have, in the last 3 years, had work experience at the Department for Education under its scheme, with a breakdown of the names of schools, citing whether they are state or fee-paying schools. If figures are collected for the ethnicity of the children, include those too.
For the academic year 2011 to 2012, the department recorded 42 informal work placements from school-aged students.
No students were refused places, however departmental policy for the Olympic period meant that no placements were available during August and September 2012.
Information for earlier years is not held by the department.
The department does not record the ethnicity of students requesting placements.
The school names are shown below (some schools have multiple students securing placements, and some students did not provide the name of the school or college):
- Archbishop Tenison’s Church of England High School
- Brampton Manor Academy
- Coloma Convent School
- Dame Alice Owen’s School
- East Barnet School
- Farnborough Sixth-Form College
- Fields College
- Greenhead College
- Harris Academy Beckenham
- Howard of Effingham
- Ian Ramsey Church of England School
- Monmouth School
- Newstead Wood School
- Norbury Manor BEC
- Oakland Catholic School
- Overton Grange School
- Prendergast Ladywell
- Redborne Upper School and Community College
- Sacred Heart of Mary’s Girl’s School
- Sir John Deane’s College
- St Joseph’s College
- St Philomena’s High School for Girls
- Stamford School
- Stanley High
- The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
- The Green School
- The Petchey Academy
- The Sacred Heart Language College
- Wilmslow High School
- Winstanley College