Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy: Uganda
The bidding round for the 2016-17 Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy opened on 18 January 2016.
MS Word Document, 153KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The FCO centrally provided funds annually for the support of human rights work across the globe. This year the Human Rights and Democracy Departments fund is called The Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD).
The themes for this year (2016-17) around which the funding will be allocated are;
- democratic values and the rule of law - uphold universal rights, democracy and the rule of law as key building blocks for more secure and prosperous societies
- the rules-based international order - support an effective rules-based international order that stands up for universal rights
- human rights for a stable world - promote a more stable world by upholding universal rights in tackling conflict and extremism
Published: 2 December 2014
Updated: 21 January 2016
- Name changed to Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy and a new round of bidding announced for 2016/2017.
- New Edition featuring the new bidding round for 2015/2016
- First published.