This policy sets out five themes for sustainability, supporting the High Speed Two (HS2) vision of being a catalyst for growth across Britain.
The policy also sets out our mission, which includes being an exemplar project in our approach to engagement with communities, sustainability and respecting the environment. The five themes are:
- Spreading the benefits: economic growth and community regeneration
- Opportunities for all: skills, employment and education
- Safe at heart: health, safety and wellbeing
- Respecting our surroundings: environmental protection and management
- Standing the test of time: design that is future-proof