In this privacy notice, references to the Home Building Fund should also be taken as including two legacy programmes, Get Britain Building and Build to Rent, which are closed to new applications. It also includes the other legacy programmes that have been amalgamated into the Home Building Fund (Builders Finance Fund, Custom Build Serviced Plots Loan Fund, Housing Zones, Local Growth Fund (Housing Infrastructure) and Large Sites Infrastructure Programme).
It is important that you read this section of our privacy notice together with the main section of our privacy notice above, or any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you. This is so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
Information we collect (or may have collected from you in the past)
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data, data such as:
- Identity Data - includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, nationality and gender.
- Contact Data - includes Residential address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data - includes bank account / statement details and information about the financial status of you or your business, including ownership structures and shareholdings etc.
- Transaction Data - includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have acquired from us.
- Technical Data - includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data - includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data - includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data - includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How we process your information
We will only process your personal information if there is a lawful basis to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When processing is necessary for the processing of your application or in connection with any loan or funding agreement or when processing is required prior to entering into an agreement with you (such as Customer Due Diligence or completing a Know your client form).
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us, for example, for one of our statutory functions.
- When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligations.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where it is this is required or permitted by law.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us on DPO@homesengland.gov.uk if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out examples of which are provided in the table below.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with Third Parties for the purposes set out in the table above including third-party service providers, regulatory bodies and other Government departments and agencies.
We require all Third Parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We or our Third Parties may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Homes England will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention schedule which you can request from us by contacting the Data Protection Officer. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for a certain period after their relationship ceases for tax and VAT purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see the Data Rights section for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.