This document details monthly management information on staff numbers and paybill costs within HM Treasury and its agencies.
- These figures are not official statistics. They are internal workforce management information published in the interests of transparency.
- These figures have not been reconciled centrally with National Statistics. Where differences appear between the monthly information and National Statistics, clarifying comments will be provided.
- The ONS quarterly public sector employment statistics provide an official headline measure for comparing the overall size of employment in central government organisations with other sectors of the economy at the relevant quarterly reference point.
- Some organisations may not have information available for each month, and at this stage coverage may therefore not reach 100% for those organisations in scope.
- Given the wide range of organisations covered, caution should be exercised when drawing inferences from the figures and care should be taken when making comparisons between organisations.